Elfie is a Singapore corporation, the legal owner and publisher of a software product with the general name “Elfie™ Blood Pressure & Pills” that encompasses a) mobile applications for mobile devices under the control of iOS and Android mobile operating systems; b) a website available at https://www.elfie.co (hereinafter referred to as “Apps”).
Elfie’s trademarks, service marks, and logos (hereinafter referred to as “Trademarks”) represent intellectual property rights owned by Elfie and as such, are valued assets of Elfie. These Trademarks, whether registered or unregistered, must be used in accordance with these Guidelines.
Other product names or trademarks, including those appearing in the Apps, that are not owned by Elfie are for identification purposes only and may be the registered or unregistered trademarks of their respective owners. No license or right is granted by Elfie by implication, estoppel, or otherwise to any such third party names or trademarks or to the Elfie Trademarks hereby.
These Guidelines apply to Elfie employees, customers, licensees, consultants, outside vendors, and other third parties. Note that if you are a licensee of a Elfie Trademark, the license agreement that you signed with Elfie may contain specific usage guidelines that differ from those contained within these Guidelines, and in such case, you should follow those specific guidelines provided within the license agreement. If you are a licensee, but have been provided no special guidelines, then follow these Guidelines.
The list of Elfie Trademarks provided here may be updated with new information from time to time and without notice and should be referred to regularly. Note that the list may not be comprehensive, and the omission of a Elfie Trademark from the list does not represent any waiver of any intellectual property rights of Elfie in or to such Trademark. If in doubt about whether or not a particular name, mark, or logo is a Elfie Trademark, or if you have any questions about the use of Elfie's Trademarks, contact Elfie’s Legal & Compliance Department for assistance at [email protected].
Prior to the commencement of any usage, please always ensure that your agreement with Elfie provides for the use of Elfie Trademarks and the allowed cases of use.
Please ensure that you are following these Guidelines when using Elfie Trademarks, including the requirements and rules as presented below.
Following these Guidelines is obligatory unless otherwise envisaged in the written agreement concluded between you and Elfie. In some cases, these Guidelines are supplementing the rules and provisions envisaged in the agreement between you and Elfie (via incorporation by reference or otherwise).
Please refer to the agreement first in case of ambiguity. If no provisions regarding the use of Trademarks are provided in the agreement, please follow these rules.
When referring to Elfie Apps or services, use the applicable Trademark, and ensure that such references: (i) are truthful, fair, and not misleading; and (ii) comply with these Guidelines. Note that these Guidelines may be modified by Flo from time to time at its sole discretion. Specifically, ensure that you:
follow the directives within these Guidelines;
use the appropriate trademark symbol and trademark acknowledgment of Flo’s ownership of the particular Trademark;
do not incorporate Flo Trademarks into your own product trademarks, service marks, logos, or company names;
do not adopt marks or logos that are confusingly similar to any Flo Trademarks; and
in particular cases when advised to and provided with following Flo Brand Guidelines is obligatory (please pay special attention to Section 3 “Design Elements”).
When using a Elfie Trademark, ensure that you:
1. ALWAYS use such a Trademark as an adjective, accompanied by an appropriate noun (e.g. “Flo™ Health & Period tracker is chosen by over 137 million women worldwide”).
Do NOT use a Trademark as a noun (e.g., “Flo™ is chosen by over 137 million women worldwide”). Do NOT pluralize a Trademark or make it possessive. Do NOT combine a Trademark with other words, symbols, or numbers, either as one word or with a hyphen. Do NOT abbreviate a Trademark;
2. ALWAYS use the proper spelling and the proper trademark symbol (® or ™, as applicable). For the trademark symbol, use the superscript format, but if this is not possible, then use parentheses ((R) or (TM) as applicable); and
3. ALWAYS use Flo Trademarks in the way they were intended to be used. Do not use Flo Trademarks for products, including digital products such as apps or services for which they were not originally intended. Do not alter a Flo Trademark in any way.
In letters, memos, press releases, white papers, advertising, slides, foils, video, and other multimedia presentations, ensure that you:
1. Properly identify (with ® or ™, as applicable) each Flo Trademark at the most prominent use (often in the headline) and again in the first occurrence. For presentation graphics, each Flo Trademark should be designated with the proper trademark symbol on each page, slide, and foil;
2. In newsletters, magazines, and publications containing multiple articles, properly identify each Flo Trademark in the first occurrence in the Table of Contents, in headlines, and in the first occurrence in every article in which it is used;
3. In brochures, financial reports, books, white papers, datasheets, technical documentation, and other bound documents, properly identify each Flo Trademark in the first occurrence in the Table of Contents, in headlines, and in the first occurrence in the text; and
4. In all charts and graphs, properly identify each Flo Trademark, as such charts and graphs could become separated, copied, and used independently.
Ensure that you include a proper trademark ownership notice that identifies each Elfie Trademark used as being owned by Elfie Pte. Ltd. (e.g., "Elfie and the Elfie coin are trademarks of Elfie Pte. Ltd.").
“Elfie” is not only a trademark used to identify Elfie’s Apps and services; it also serves as Elfie’s company name. Therefore, the word “Elfie” is generally used in two (2) different ways: (i) as a trade name to identify Elfie, Inc. the company and its subsidiaries; or (ii) as a trademark to identify its various products, including digital products, such as Apps.
As a general rule, the word “Elfie” should be primarily used as a trademark (or a part of the respective trademark) and be associated with its core product (Apps) instead of its usage as a trade name.
However, “Elfie”, may be used as a trade name when Elfie Pte. Ltd. the company (or its subsidiaries) is taking some action or referenced as having some attribute, e.g., in press releases, within job postings, or in publicly available descriptive articles regarding the company’s general activities.
In case of any further questions regarding Elfie Trademarks proper and possible use, please address them to Elfie’s Legal & Compliance Department at [email protected].